I am a Tax Director based in Smith Coopers’ Derby Office, with nearly 20 years’ experience providing advice to a wide range of clients from tech start-ups, entrepreneur’s, family owned businesses through to FTSE listed entities.
What can I do for your organisation?
I have a varied tax background and provide proactive tax advice to clients that never loses sight of the commercial and personal interests of both the business and stakeholders.
I seek to build lasting relationships and work collaboratively with clients and the wider Smith Cooper team to deliver tax and general business advice that is robust, commercial and practical, all whilst remaining sensitive to the overall strategy of a business and its owners.
I have worked in a number of firms from small independents, Top 10 and most recently in the Big 4. This experience has given in depth practical and technical tax experience, but more importantly the exposure to different industries and personalities has given me a balanced view of what works for my clients.
My experience allows me to view tax matters objectively, meaning the tax advice that I provide clients is both flexible and practical.
The type of advice that I provide is extensive and varied, and includes the following areas of expertise:
- Transactional tax – Including entrepreneur’s relief and shareholder tax advice, pre-transaction structuring and tax due diligence
- Innovation taxes – research and development tax credit and patent box advice for innovative entities
- Property taxation – capital allowance advice for items contained within both new and old commercial properties
- Management incentives – advice regarding incentive structures for management teams
- Corporate governance – advice regarding corporate criminal offence for all businesses and senior accounting officer and tax strategy advice for large corporates
- Investor incentives – enterprise and Seed Investment Scheme advice
I love most sports, but particularly cricket, F1, boxing and horse racing. I love attending these events and seeing live action! Now I’ve retired from playing cricket, I have taken up cycling which I love and playing golf… which I don’t!
I also love to travel and have been lucky enough to do much of this with my wife in recent years – there’s not enough sun in this country for my liking!