I am a Corporate Finance Partner with 15+ years’ experience advising businesses on all aspects of M&A and value creation. Over the years I have personally led a large number of national and international mid-market transactions to successful completion, with values ranging from £2m to over £100m.
What can I do for your organisation?
I am an experienced and self-motivated advisor who has delivered valuable results in all types of economic climates.
This is achieved by:
- Strong financial and commercial analysis to highlight value opportunities and mitigate key risks;
- Sound analysis and risk assessment which helps clients to compare options
- An intensive and wide-ranging market and buyer research process;
- Building rapport, trust and a professional relationship with all parties in a transaction;
- Expert project management and running a tight process
- Well-structured and rehearsed negotiation as well as tailored tactics for individual buyers
- Leveraging a large personal international network of contacts
- Unrelenting attention to detail
Since starting in Corporate Finance in 2000 I have advised many mid-market companies on exit planning, equity realisation, commercial strategies, raising equity and debt finance, buyouts, accelerated M&A and restructuring. The majority of my time has been spent undertaking both buy-side and sell-side work in London and the Midlands markets.
I have a Joint Honours Degree in Mathematics and Physics from the University of Manchester, and am an FCA member of the ICAEW.
I have been involved in transactions across a wide range of sectors but have deep specialisms in both technology/media and business services/consulting. Despite their obvious differences these two sectors exhibit many similarities in the way that value arguments are constructed. Businesses which are technology-led, IP-rich or which have people as their main asset require a more bespoke approach to M&A. Part of the skill of a corporate financier is to understand the detailed value drivers of any business and ensure this is articulated with expertise and finesse to a potential buyer or investor. I have a demonstrable and proven track record in this regard particularly in these two sectors.
In my spare time, I enjoy cycling, golf and 5-a-side football (when I get the chance), live music, gigs. concerts and spending time with my children.