I am a Corporate Finance Partner with more than 20 years’ experience advising businesses on all aspects of M&A and value creation. Over the years, I have personally led a large number of national and international mid-market transactions to successful completion, with values ranging from £2 million to over £100 million.
What can I do for your organisation?
I am an experienced and self-motivated adviser who has delivered valuable results in all types of economic climates.
This has been achieved by:
- Strong financial and commercial analysis to highlight value opportunities and mitigate key risks
- Sound analysis and risk assessment, which helps clients to compare options
- An intensive and wide-ranging market and buyer research process
- Building rapport, trust and a professional relationship with all parties in a transaction
- Expert project management and running a tight process
- Well-structured and rehearsed negotiation, as well as tailored tactics for individual buyers
- Leveraging a large personal international network of contacts
- Unrelenting attention to detail
Since starting in corporate finance in 2000, I have advised many mid-market companies on exit planning, equity realisation, commercial strategies, raising equity and debt finance, buyouts, accelerated M&A, and restructuring. The majority of my time has been spent undertaking both buy-side and sell-side work in London and the Midlands markets.
I have a joint honours degree in Mathematics and Physics from the University of Manchester, and am an FCA member of the ICAEW.
- Fire and security
I have been involved in transactions across a wide range of sectors but have deep specialisms in both technology/media and business services/consulting. Despite their obvious differences, these two sectors exhibit many similarities in the way that value arguments are constructed. Businesses that are technology led, IP rich or have people as their main asset require a more bespoke approach to M&A. Part of the skill of a corporate financier is to understand the detailed value drivers of any business and ensure this is articulated with expertise and finesse to a potential buyer or investor. I have a demonstrable and proven track record in this regard, particularly in these two sectors.
In my spare time, I enjoy cycling, golf and five-a-side football (when I get the chance), live music, and spending time with my children.