show menu

I am Self Employed and I wish to get a mortgage, what do I need?


Posted on 18 February 2016

When you are Self Employed it can be confusing as to what a Mortgage Lender requires from you in order to tell you how much you can borrow. You may have been told that you need a Full 3 Years Trading before any lender would consider offering you a mortgage.

But what do you actually need to show?

Below are some facts about obtaining a Mortgage when you are Self Employed

  • There are lenders that are willing to lend based on 1 Years Trading Accounts
  • Lenders may want to see your Company Accounts, obtain and Accountant Certificate or your SA302 forms from HM Revenue to prove your Income, not always all of them
  • You can work on your latest years figures even though there may have been a dip over the 3 years
  • If you have recently switched status (Sole Trader to Ltd Company)

For more specific advice, get in touch with Smith Cooper Mortgage & Finance Advice here.



Smith Cooper Independent Mortgage & Finance Advice Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority which is entered on the FCA register under 706676. The company is registered in England and Wales under reference 09490530 with its registered address at St Helens House, King Street, Derby DE1 3EE

Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share on Linkedin