closing date: 31st January 2020
As a Tax Manager you’ll build and maintain relationships with your clients, ensuring great delivery and service.
You’ll be responsible for delivering tax advisory and compliance work on a varied portfolio. You will be a key member of the Birmingham tax team and work with the wider Tax team to ensure we are always providing a first-rate service.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
• To act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Partner. This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients.
• There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for project delivery on your portfolio. As well as managing the compliance process, this will include a variety of assignments, including M&A tax; Restructuring; personal and corporate advisory projects.
• Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firm’s criteria.
• Review of work prepared by more junior members of the team.
• Liaise with HMRC.
• To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client and Partner informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience.
• Ensure that the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to.
• Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
• Participate in bids/proposals for new work.
• Work with the wider team to deliver sophisticated tax advice to clients.
Qualifications & Experience
• You should have a proven track record in corporate tax or private client tax gained from working for a professional services firm.
• ATT, ACA (followed by CTA) or CTA qualified or equivalent.
• Experience in the following areas is essential:
– Mergers & acquisitions tax.
– Corporate tax advisory, including restructuring, capital allowances, R&D, International; reorganisations.
– Personal tax advisory, including entrepreneur’s relief, inheritance tax, expatriation tax, extraction of funds/remuneration structures.
– Share schemes.
– Corporate tax compliance.
– Personal tax compliance.
• Be self-motivated.
• Driven team player who is exceptional at building trusted relationships, both internally and externally.
• A great communicator, commercial minded and determined to deliver right first time.
To apply for this job please visit smithcooper.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: