closing date: 18th December 2020
At Smith Cooper, you’ll be part of a multi-award winning accountancy and business advisory firm based across the Midlands. We work with businesses of all shapes and sizes to help them solve some of their most complex challenges and achieve success. No two jobs are the same so we are looking for someone who can adapt and is up for the challenge!
Our people are our most important asset and we actively encourage training, development and progression in a friendly and supportive working environment.
The recent growth of our corporate tax team has resulted in an exciting opportunity for someone looking to start or advance their career in tax.
This individual will be an integral part of the team, supporting both the Derby and Nottingham client base and reporting to a Tax Manager. This role will require time to be split across both offices and the individual will also need to be able travel to our client’s premises across the East Midlands.
• Preparation of corporation tax returns.
• Work closely with colleagues in the audit and accounts departments to gather information.
• Liaise with HMRC to resolve queries.
• Identify potential tax planning opportunities for our clients.
• Assist senior members of the team with advisory projects as required, including capital allowances and R&D.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
This role would suit someone who has a relevant degree and is looking to start their tax career, or possibly someone who has some accountancy experience but wishes to make a move into tax.
Study support will be provided for the agreed route, be that AAT, ATT, ACA, CTA or a combination.
Accountancy is a people-focused profession. Numeracy is expected, but you must also be able to communicate confidently with colleagues and clients, as well as being able to organise yourself and your workload; balance the competing demands on your time; and take personal responsibility for the development of your career.
· 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
· Option to buy an additional 5 days of annual leave.
· Life assurance
· Discounts and cashback at numerous shops, holidays and services using our Smith Cooper Rewards service.
· Cashback on healthcare including eye tests, dentist visits, physiotherapy, etc.
· Employee social events and annual firm-wide away days.
Location: 2 Lace Market Square, Nottingham, NG1 1PB / St Helen’s House, King Street, Derby, DE1 3EE.
Contract Type: Full-time position (37.5 hours a week).
To apply for this job please visit hr.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: