closing date: 31st December 2018
Permanent Full Time Role
37.5 hours per week
The Admin department of Smith Cooper requires a qualified management accountant.
The admin department are responsible for the administration and accounting function of the firm’s accounts and those of the group’s subsidiary companies.
The role would involve monthly management reporting, quarterly management accounts, management of the firms WIP, fees and time ledgers amongst other duties.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Monthly management reporting on Sales, WIP and time ledger amongst other KPI’s
• Performing month end journals into the nominal ledger
• Quarterly management accounts
• Annual budget and forecasting
• Support for time ledger input software system enquiries received from staff
There will also be the opportunity to be involved in other areas of the business namely:
• VAT returns
• Involvement in annual statutory accounts
• Payroll for subsidiaries
The ideal candidate:
• Will be a qualified or part qualified ACA/CIMA accountant or qualified by experience in either practice or industry
• Will have excellent knowledge of Excel and a good working knowledge of Sage 200
• Be methodical, analytical and a good attention to detail
• Be a team player who has a strong work ethic, along with a willingness to learn and seek guidance as appropriate. A person with excellent written and verbal communication skills, who has an inquisitive mind and is good at gathering evidence and solving problems
• ACA/CIMA qualified or qualified by experience in either practice or industry.
• 25 days annual leave FTE + statutory Bank Holidays
• Option to purchase an additional 5 days annual leave per year
• Smith Cooper Reward Scheme
• Cashback on Healthcare including dental visits, physiotherapy etc
• Regular staff and social events and annual company wide away days
Please upload a copy of your CV and cover letter here.
To apply for this job please visit smithcooper.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: