closing date: 21st May 2021
Contract Type: Part-time (3/4 days per week) or full-time if desired
Salary: Full-time equivalent £18,000 to £23,000 dependent on experience
We are looking for a Secretary/PA to join our team in Ashbourne and provide seamless, effective and proactive administrative support whilst continually seeking ways to make full use of technology to improve processes and efficiency.
• Prepare, format, and amend documents as required, ensuring they are produced in compliance with the firm’s house style to include letters, reports, presentations, and accounts, making full use of standard templates
• Provide first-class front-of-house duties, including greeting clients and making refreshments
• Provide PA support to Partners
• Manage incoming and outgoing post
• Be one of our CCH (accounting software) champions, creating new clients, amending information, billing, and pulling reports
• Manage the client money laundering process
• Ensure the meeting room equipment is maintained to high standards and is available to team members
The ideal candidate will have
• A flexible approach, with the ability to work effectively under pressure and manage conflicting priorities, effectively managing expectations when required
• Strong attention to detail
• Effective communication skills, both spoken and written
• A positive and proactive approach
• A pragmatic approach to resolving situations, using own initiative where appropriate
• Advanced MS Office skills (specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Excellent client service skills
Why Smith Cooper?
• We are a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 45, accountancy and business advisory firm
• We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same
• The firm’s Partners remain actively invested in the development of team members, and will take a direct interest in your professional development
Our benefits package has been designed around our people and shaped by our values. As part of Team Smith Cooper, here are some of the things you can expect:
• A working environment that empowers you to perform at your best, through our flexible working policy and dress for your diary scheme
• Time to do what matters to you – 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, the option to purchase additional annual leave and your birthday off, on us. Long serving employees can also request a sabbatical, giving you the chance to make truly unforgettable memories
• Rewards for those that embrace and embody our values and culture through our Kudos Reward Scheme
• Regular social events and annual companywide away-days, giving you the opportunity to engage with colleagues across your division, office and the wider firm
• Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients, so when we benefit, you do too
• Life doesn’t stop at the end of the working day, and neither do our benefits. We also offer life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers through Smith Cooper Rewards Scheme, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) through Healthshield
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV and a cover letter to our job portal. Any applications made without both supporting documents will be rejected.
To apply for this job please visit hr.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: