closing date: 31st March 2019
About Smith Cooper:
Smith Cooper is a top-50, multi-award-winning accountancy and business advisory firm with over 200 employees based in our 6 offices across the Midlands.
We bring together expertise, experience and market knowledge to ensure we exceed expectations and deliver tailored, cost-effective and innovative solutions. Whilst based in the Midlands, our reach extends much further than that, with many of our clients spanning the entire UK and internationally.
About the role:
Salary: Negotiable and will depend on the candidates experience
An exciting opportunity for a full-time experienced Payroll professional to support and drive the Payroll team to ensure work is allocated and executed satisfactorily and robust controls are maintained.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Leading, managing and planning day to day Payroll activities including a small team of Payroll Administrators.
• Running payroll for around 260 clients on weekly and monthly payroll cycles.
• Maintaining and improving payroll processes.
• Maintaining and demonstrating knowledge of statutory and Payroll legislation.
• Reconcile month and year end processes ensuring accurate Statutory and other returns.
• Managing relationships with our payroll bureau clients.
• Completing induction and training for new members of the team.
Qualifications & Experience:
• A formal qualification in payroll is preferred but not essential.
• Be experienced in working in a busy payroll department at supervisory level.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation relating to Payroll.
• Be technically knowledgeable and systems orientated, comfortable with payroll systems.
• Ambition and the ability to shape the future of the department as we continue to develop and grow our service offering.
• Excellent eye for detail.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure.
• Customer focus.
• Able to provide accurate information in a timely fashion.
• 25 days annual leave FTE + statutory Bank Holidays.
• Option to purchase an additional 5 days annual leave per year.
• Smith Cooper Reward Scheme which offers huge discounts on a wide variety of websites, shops and services.
• Cashback on Healthcare including dental visits, physiotherapy etc.
• Regular staff and social events and annual company wide away days.
To apply for this job please visit smithcooper.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: