closing date: 7th April 2019
If you have a strong interest in marketing and are looking for your first position within the field or to improve on your existing marketing and events skills, we have an excellent opportunity for a Marketing & Events Administrator to join our busy in-house team based in Nottingham.
Location: Whilst primarily based in Nottingham, the ideal candidate will also need to visit our other offices (namely Derby and Birmingham) and attend events.
Salary: £16k – £19k
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:45am – 5:15pm (37.5 hours per week)
Key responsibilities will include:
• Organising and attending events including but not limited to internal events, technical updates and seminars, sporting and social events
• Researching and creating event proposals which will appeal to our target market(s) and fit our requirements
• Staying in line with budgets when coordinating events
• Managing and overseeing events on the day, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organising vendors
• Updating and cleansing the CRM database
• Updating and monitoring social media
• Supporting the Marketing team and the wider firm with administrative duties
The ideal candidate:
From the get go, you will be an instrumental part of our marketing team and will have exposure to Partners within Smith Cooper, the wider team and clients. As such, we are looking for an individual who is a clear and confident communicator with meticulous attention to detail.
You must be able to manage and plan your own workload and, as a large percentage of your time will be sent organizing multiple events simultaneously, excellent organizational skills and the ability to keep calm under pressure are essential.
Previous experience of working in marketing is not essential, but experience of working within an administrative position is advantageous.
Why Smith Cooper?
As a company, our ethos is to provide quality, pro-active advice to our clients and to be a fundamental part of their business’ success.
If you have a similar outlook, then we’ll be a great fit and you’ll be sure of an enjoyable and fulfilling career with us.
We are an award winning, Accountancy Age Top 50, Accountancy and Business Advisory firm based in 6 office across the Midlands.
Over the past 30 years, we have become one of the largest independently owned and preferred advisers for owner-managed businesses in the Midlands, and our plan is to continue growing.
Some of the benefits:
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Option to buy an additional 5 days of annual leave
• Discounts and cash back at numerous shops, holidays and services using our Smith Cooper Rewards service
• Cash back on healthcare including eye tests, dentist visits, physiotherapy etc
• Discounted (and sometimes free!) tickets for sports and entertainment venues we sponsor
• Regular staff social events and annual firm wide away days.
Please upload a copy of your CV and cover letter to our online jobs portal here. Applications made without both a CV and cover letter will not be accepted.
To apply for this job please visit smithcooper.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: