closing date: 1st March 2020
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our award-winning Derby team preferably on a full-time basis however all options will be considered.
If you’re an organised individual with the ability to prioritise your own workload and work under pressure, we want to hear from you.
Smith Cooper’s ethos is to provide quality, pro-active advice to our clients and to be a fundamental part of their business’ success. If you have a similar outlook, then we’ll be a great fit and you’ll be sure of an enjoyable and fulfilling career with us.
Why Smith Cooper?
• We’re a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 40, accountancy and business advisory firm
• We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same
• Our people are our most important asset and we can prove it! Our Managing Partner started at Smith Cooper as a graduate just 13 years ago, and all of our service lines encourage training, development, and progression in a friendly and supportive working environment.
• Preparation of Management Accounts including monthly bookkeeping and quarterly VAT returns for a variety of clients using Xero, Sage50 or Sage200
• Liaising directly with clients on queries and software support
• Completing Balance Sheet reconciliations and advising where adjustments are required
• Occasional travel to client sites and other Smith Cooper offices.
The ideal candidate
• Will have extensive experience in preparation of Management Accounts gained within industry or practice
• Excellent knowledge of Excel and a good working knowledge of Sage and Xero
• Be a team player who has a strong work ethic, along with a willingness to learn and seek guidance as appropriate
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Has an inquisitive mind and is good at gathering evidence and solving problems
• Qualified by experience in either practice or industry.
• 25 days annual leave FTE + statutory Bank Holidays
• Option to purchase an additional 5 days annual leave per year
• Smith Cooper Reward Scheme
• Cashback on Healthcare including dental visits, physiotherapy etc
• Regular staff and social events and annual companywide away days.
To apply for this job please visit smithcooper.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: