closing date: 15th December 2018
Our Business Recovery & Insolvency (BRIS) team has an excellent track record (we won Insolvency Team of the Year 2018 just last week!) and now, we have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Insolvency Cashier to join us. You will be working as part of a local team and a larger firm wide department, assisting our lead cashier in managing the funds in our accounts.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to broaden their knowledge and gain new skills in a friendly, supportive and nurturing environment.
If you’re an enthusiastic learner with great attention to detail, we want to hear from you.
What does our BRIS team do?
We assist people and companies who are in financial difficulty. Where necessary we will take control of the Company or estate and we will sell assets with a view to reimbursing creditors where possible. As part of the team you will be responsible for ensuring that the money received is accounted for correctly and that payments are made.
Why Smith Cooper:
- We’re a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 50, accountancy and business advisory firm based in 6 offices across the Midlands
- We work with ambitious owner-managed businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same so we’re looking for someone who can adapt and take ownership of complex assignments
- Our staff are our most important asset and we can prove it! Our Managing Partner started at Smith Cooper as a graduate just 13 years ago, and all of our service lines encourage training, development and progression in a friendly and supportive working environment
- Undertake daily banking functions
- Process client and office accounting transactions
- Prepare cheques and process bank transfers, and liaise with banks when required
- The administration of the Client/Office ledgers
- Support the rest of the team on case specific functions where required
- Ensure our cashier function is fully compliant with all current legislation, Data Protection and regulatory requirements
From the get go, you will be an instrumental part of our team. As such, we’re looking for someone who:
- Is a clear and confident communicator with excellent communication skills
- Is self-motivated and keen to learn
- Is good with numbers
- Has excellent attention to detail and accurate data-entry skills
- Has knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, particularly Word and Excel
Ideally, the right candidate will also have GCSEs in Maths and English (A-C or 4-9 or equivalent).
In return, we will offer full support through AAT studies as well as in-house and on-the-job training.
- Generous holidays – 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Smith Cooper Reward Scheme – cashback and discounts on a huge range of online and high street shops, saving you money on everything from clothes to technology and travel
- Healthcare plan – cashback on Healthcare including dental visits, physiotherapy etc
- Social – we hold regular staff and social events as well as annual companywide away days
Please upload a copy of your CV and a cover letter to our online portal.
- Share this job: