closing date: 7th July 2019
About Smith Cooper:
We are a top-50, multi-award-winning accountancy and business advisory firm with over 200 employees based in our 6 offices across the Midlands.
We bring together expertise, experience and market knowledge to ensure we exceed expectations and deliver tailored, cost-effective and innovative solutions. Whilst based in the Midlands, our reach extends much further than that, with many of our clients spanning the entire UK and internationally.
At Smith Cooper, our people are our most important asset. We like to encourage training, development and progression in a friendly and supportive working environment.
Overview of the Role:
Location – Birmingham City Centre.
Due to an internal restructure and growth plan, the firm is looking to recruit a Junior Insolvency Administrator who will assist and support with a wide and varied caseload of both corporate and personal insolvency assignments from start to finish. In addition the successful candidate will work with the team in providing support to new and existing clients in reviewing their own financial position, formulating strategies where required in distressed situations.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join a flourishing team that has carved an impressive niche in the local market.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Assistance in drafting letters and reports to external stakeholders such as debtors, creditors and financial institutions.
• Identifying prospective clients and preparing documentation to comply with Money Laundering rules and regulations.
• Preparing documentation to facilitate payment of goods and services provided.
• Depositing client funds.
• Drafting invoices and associated documents in readiness for payment.
• Inputting data into specialist software to record case specific information such as creditor claims.
• Attending client premises to retrieve books and records.
• General administrative duties comprising photocopying, filing, processing incoming and outgoing post, preparing refreshments for visitors / staff and dealing with telephone calls.
Qualifications and Skills:
You will be required to have excellent organisational skills, the ability to work in a fast paced environment as a team player. The role demands a confident and resilient approach.
Ideally the candidate will ultimately be required to undertake professional exams to further develop their understanding and to progress their career opportunities within the department.
· 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
· Option to buy an additional 5 days of annual leave.
· Discounts and cash back at numerous shops, holidays and services using our Smith Cooper Rewards service.
· Cash back on healthcare including eye tests, dentist visits, physiotherapy etc.
· Discounted (and sometimes free!) tickets for sports and entertainment venues we sponsor.
· Regular employee social events and annual firm wide away days.
Salary: £NMW depending on age of candidate.
This is a full-time permanent position, 5 days a week, with working hours of 37.5 hours a week.
To apply for this job please visit smithcooper.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: