closing date: 31st July 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to join the Business Recovery and Insolvency team in our Birmingham office. We are searching for an individual who will assist and support with a wide and varied caseload of both corporate and personal insolvency assignments.
Why Smith Cooper?
• We’re a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 40, accountancy and business advisory firm.
• We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same.
• Involvement from the firm’s partners, who will take a direct interest in your development and support you through your progression.
• Drafting letters and reports to external stakeholders such as debtors, creditors and financial institutions.
• Identifying prospective clients and preparing documentation to comply with money laundering rules and regulations.
• Preparing documentation to facilitate payment of goods and services provided.
• Depositing client funds.
• Drafting invoices and associated documents in readiness for payment.
• Inputting data into specialist software to record case-specific information such as creditor claims.
• Attending client premises to retrieve books and records.
• General administrative duties comprising photocopying, filing, processing incoming and outgoing post, preparing refreshments for visitors and dealing with telephone calls.
The Ideal Candidate
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Willingness to learn with attention to detail.
• Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment as a team player
• Excellent computer skills using all Microsoft applications.
• 25 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays
• Option to purchase an additional 5 days annual leave per year
• Smith Cooper Reward Scheme which offers huge discounts on a wide variety of websites, shops and services
• Cashback on Healthcare including dental visits, physiotherapy etc
• Social events and annual companywide away days.
Salary: Apprentice National Minimum Wage, currently £4.15ph.
This is a full-time position, 5 days a week, with working hours of 09:00 – 17:30.
To apply for this job please visit smithcooper.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: