closing date: 13th August 2021
Location: Nottingham (with occasional travel to clients required)
Contract Type: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £35-40k dependent on qualification and experience
As an Indirect Tax Manager, you will be expected to build and maintain relationships with our corporate client base, whilst ensuring all indirect tax compliance reporting requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
You will be predominantly responsible for UK and EU indirect tax compliance work on a varied portfolio including manufacturers, distributors, and retailers, however, regular opportunities to work on advisory projects will also be available if desired. Our work includes UK and EU VAT returns including Union and Non-Union MOSS as well as IOSS.
You will be a key member of the Indirect Tax team and as part of your role, it is essential that you build strong relationships with other specialist advisers to ensure that our clients receive the highest standard of service.
Your role will also include the supervision of junior members of the indirect tax team, and you will be expected to play a key role in their development.
Your day-to-day duties and key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following;
- Acting as a key point of contact within the firm for our indirect tax compliance clients, together with the Director of Indirect Tax and Senior Manager. This will involve responding to, and anticipating client requests/needs, maintaining regular contact with our clients and keeping them informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided
- You will be expected to take full responsibility for managing the indirect tax compliance process across our portfolio, including fee raising where necessary
- Ensuring UK and EU VAT returns, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat supplementary declarations are prepared accurately and submitted within the statutory timescales
- Reviewing the work prepared by junior members of the team
- Undertaking responsibility for managing tax authority queries raised on any clients
- Ensuring that the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to
- Identifying risks, technical issues, and any planning opportunities, to be raised with the Director of Indirect Tax, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Participating in bids/proposals for new client opportunities
The ideal candidate will have
- 3 years post qualified experience (ACA, CTA or equivalent)
- A proven track record in tax compliance gained from working within professional service firms and/or an industry in-house team
- The ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads
Why Smith Cooper?
- We are a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 45, accountancy and business advisory firm
- We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same
- The firm’s Partners remain actively invested in the development of team members, and will take a direct interest in your professional development whilst supporting your progression
- Our benefits package has been designed around our people and shaped by our values. As part of Team Smith Cooper, here are some of the things you can expect:
- A working environment that empowers you to perform at your best, through our flexible working policy and dress for your diary scheme
- Time to do what matters to you – 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, the option to purchase additional annual leave and your birthday off, on us. Long serving employees can also request a sabbatical, giving you the chance to make truly unforgettable memories.
- Rewards for those that embrace and embody our values and culture through our Kudos Reward Scheme
- Regular social events and annual companywide away days, giving you the opportunity to engage with colleagues across your division, office and the wider firm
- Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients, so when we benefit, you do too
- Life doesn’t stop at the end of the working day, and neither do our benefits. We also offer life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers through Smith Cooper Rewards Scheme, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) through Healthshield
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV and a cover letter to our job portal.
To apply for this job please visit hr.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: