closing date: 31st July 2021
Location: Derby (with occasional travel to clients required)
Contract Type: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
We have a brilliant opportunity for an ambitious individual who is looking to take the next steps in their tax career. This role would suit someone who has recently qualified CTA or only has a couple of exams left.
You will need to have a solid background of tax compliance in a practice environment, together with up-to-date technical knowledge and excellent communication skills.
The role works directly with the Tax Managers and Directors on a varied portfolio of clients, including SMEs, OMBs and groups. The portfolio offers good exposure to detailed and complex issues and will see you working closely with different departments across the firm.
We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about delivering excellent service to our clients and has the drive to progress within the firm.
A full study package would be available for anybody who is not yet fully qualified.
- Managing a portfolio of corporate clients and ensuring their compliance needs are met. This includes:
o Reviewing tax computations for sign off by managers
o Preparing complex computations, including groups
o Ensuring tax provisions are provided to audit staff on a timely basis
o Liaising with the client and staff from other departments to deal with queries
o Sending payment and submission reminders, including QIP calculations
o Ancillary compliance, such as CT61’s, ATED returns and ERS reporting
- Building relationships to become the first point of contact for those clients, answering day-to-day queries, offering advice and getting to know their business challenges and opportunities
- Assisting with advisory projects as required, such as R&D, capital allowance claims and corporate restructuring and disposals
- Seeking opportunities to add value to our clients, identifying areas we can help
- Assisting in training the junior members of the team where necessary
The ideal candidate will
- Be driven and self-motivated, with a desire to develop
- Be comfortable and confident liaising directly with clients
- Have a strong technical knowledge and awareness of UK tax issues
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Be highly organised and capable of managing multiple deadlines
- Take accountability for their work, and have pride in a job well done
- Have an eye for detail but also the ability to see the bigger picture and demonstrate commercial awareness
- Be competent using software including CCH, CaseWare, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Why Smith Cooper?
- We are a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 45, accountancy and business advisory firm
- We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same
- The firm’s Partners remain actively invested in the development of team members, and will take a direct interest in your professional development whilst supporting your progression
Our benefits package has been designed around our people and shaped by our values. As part of Team Smith Cooper, here are some of the things you can expect:
- A working environment that empowers you to perform at your best, through our flexible working policy and dress for your diary scheme
- Time to do what matters to you – 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, the option to purchase additional annual leave and your birthday off, on us. Long serving employees can also request a sabbatical, giving you the chance to make truly unforgettable memories.
- Rewards for those that embrace and embody our values and culture through our Kudos Reward Scheme
- Regular social events and annual companywide away days, giving you the opportunity to engage with colleagues across your division, office and the wider firm
- Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients, so when we benefit, you do too
- Life doesn’t stop at the end of the working day, and neither do our benefits. We also offer life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers through Smith Cooper Rewards Scheme, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) through Healthshield
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV and a cover letter to our job portal.
To apply for this job please visit hr.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: