closing date: 26th March 2021
Location: Birmingham (currently remote working due to Covid-19 restrictions)
As a Corporate Tax Manager within our team, you will be able to confidently build and maintain relationships with our corporate clients, whilst ensuring that their compliance needs are seamlessly met. .
You will be predominantly responsible for delivering corporate tax compliance work on a varied portfolio, consisting mainly of owner managed businesses. However, regular opportunities to work on advisory projects will be available if desired.
You will be a key member of the Birmingham tax team and as part of your role, it is essential that you build strong internal relationships with colleagues from other service lines (including audit and our specialist tax advisory teams), to ensure that our clients receive the highest standard of service.
Your role will involve the supervision of any junior members of the corporate tax team and you will be expected to play a key part in their development.
Your day to duties and key responsibilities of your role with Smith Cooper will include the following;
• To act as a key point of contact within the firm for our corporate clients, together with the Tax Director. This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with our clients.
• There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for managing the compliance process across our portfolio of corporate tax clients, including taking control of fee raising and cash collection within the firm’s criteria.
• Reviewing the work prepared by more junior members of the team.
• Liaising with HMRC on any client enquiries.
• Ensuring that any assignments for which you are responsible are completed within the agreed budget, whilst keeping the client and Tax Director informed of overruns.
• Ensuring that the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to.
• Identifying risks, technical issues, and any planning opportunities, to be raised with the Tax Director, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
• Participating in bids/proposals for new client work.
The ideal candidate
• 5 years post qualified experience (ACA, CTA or equivalent qualified)
• You should have a proven track record in corporate tax compliance gained from working within professional service firms
• Experience in one or more of the following areas of corporate tax advisory would be beneficial but is not essential:
– Corporate restructuring
– Capital allowances reviews
– Research and development tax credits
– Patent box relief claims
– Controlled foreign companies.
Why Smith Cooper?
• We’re a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 45, accountancy and business advisory firm.
• We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same.
• Involvement from the firm’s partners, who will take a direct interest in your development and support you through your progression.
• 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
• Option to purchase additional annual leave
• Life assurance
• Private medical insurance
• Smith Cooper Reward Scheme which offers huge discounts on a wide variety of websites, shops and services
• Health cash plan (cash back on healthcare including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) including an employee assistance helpline available 24/7
• Recruitment referral scheme when you introduce and we recruit a friend or family member
• Client referral scheme
• Dress for diary policy
• Social events and annual companywide away days.
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV and a cover letter to our job portal. Any applications made without both supporting documents will be rejected.
To apply for this job please visit hr.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: