closing date: 30th July 2021
Location: Birmingham (currently remote working due to COVID-19 restrictions)
As a Corporate Tax Manager, you will be expected to build and maintain relationships with our corporate client base, whilst ensuring all corporate tax compliance requirements are met in a time effective and efficient manner.
You will be predominantly responsible for conducting corporate tax compliance work on a varied portfolio, consisting mainly of owner managed businesses, however, regular opportunities to work on advisory projects will be available if desired.
You will be a key member of the Birmingham tax team and as part of your role, it is essential that you build strong internal relationships with colleagues from other service lines (including audit and our specialist tax advisory teams), to ensure that our clients receive the highest standard of service.
Your role will also include the supervision of junior members of the corporate tax team, and you will be expected to play a key role in their development.
Your day-to-day duties and key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Acting as a key point of contact within the firm for our corporate clients, together with the Tax Director. This will involve responding quickly and efficiently to, as well as anticipating client requests/needs, maintaining regular contact with our clients and keeping them informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided
- You will be expected to take full responsibility for managing the compliance process across our portfolio of corporate tax clients, including taking control of fee raising and cash collection where necessary
- Reviewing the work prepared by junior members of the team
- Liaising with HMRC on any client enquiries
- Ensuring that any assignments for which you are responsible are completed within the agreed budget, whilst keeping the client and Tax Director informed of overruns
- Ensuring that the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to
- Identifying risks, technical issues, and any planning opportunities, to be raised with the Tax Director, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Participating in bids/proposals for new client opportunities
The ideal candidate
- Will have 5 years post qualified experience (ACA, CTA or equivalent qualified)
- Should have a proven track record in corporate tax compliance gained from working within professional service firms. Experience in one or more of the following areas of corporate tax advisory would be beneficial but is not essential:
– Corporate restructuring
– Capital allowances reviews
– Research and development tax credits
– Patent box relief claims
– Controlled foreign companies
Why Smith Cooper?
- We are a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 45, accountancy and business advisory firm
- We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same
- The firm’s Partners remain actively invested in the development of staff, and will take a direct interest in your professional development whilst supporting your progression
Our benefits package has been designed around our people and shaped by our values. As part of Team Smith Cooper, here are some of the things you can expect:
- A working environment that empowers you to perform at your best, through our flexible working policy and dress for your diary scheme
- Time to do what matters to you – 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, the option to purchase additional annual leave and your birthday off, on us. Long serving employees can also request a sabbatical, giving you the chance to make truly unforgettable memories
- Rewards for those that embrace and embody our values and culture through our Kudos Reward Scheme
- Regular social events and annual companywide away days, giving you the opportunity to engage with colleagues across your division, office and the wider firm
- Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients, so when we benefit, you do too
- Life doesn’t stop at the end of the working day, and neither do our benefits. We also offer life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers through Smith Cooper Rewards Scheme, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) through Healthshield
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV and a cover letter to our job portal. Any applications made without both supporting documents will be rejected.
To apply for this job please visit hr.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: