closing date: 27th August 2021
Location: Nottingham (with occasional travel to clients required)
Contract Type: Full time
Salary: £35- 39k (dependent on qualification and experience) plus bonus
We have a great opportunity for an ambitious individual who is looking to take the next steps in their corporate finance career or looking for a move into corporate finance.
Working closely with highly experienced individuals, you will have the opportunity to assist in the completion of corporate finance transactions from beginning to end, whilst developing a range of relevant skills and knowledge in regards to raising finance, business sales, business acquisitions, valuations, succession planning, and management buy-outs and buy-ins.
- Conducting research and analysis into potential buyers and markets
- Producing sales information memoranda, prospectuses, and reports
- Forecasting, planning, modelling and assisting clients with business plans
- Providing support on transaction project management
- Liaising and negotiating with, and on behalf of clients and stakeholders, including law firms, accountants, and other intermediaries
- Contributing to business development and deal origination
The ideal candidate will have
- Quality-focussed experience most likely gained with an accountancy practice or similar organisation
- An appetite for progression and a high level of motivation
- ACA/ACCA or equivalent financial qualification
- Strong commercial and financial awareness
- Proven project management skills
- Spreadsheet/modelling experience and a logical, analytical mind
- Exceptional communication skills, including report writing
- The ability to work effectively as a part of a small team
- An aptitude for and desire to be actively involved with business development
Why Smith Cooper?
- We are a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 45, accountancy and business advisory firm
- We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same
- The firm’s Partners remain actively invested in the development of team members, and will take a direct interest in your professional development whilst supporting your progression
Our benefits package has been designed around our people and shaped by our values. As part of Team Smith Cooper, here are some of the things you can expect:
- A working environment that empowers you to perform at your best, through our flexible working and dress policy
- Time to do what matters to you – 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, birthday holiday, and the option to purchase additional annual leave. Long serving employees can also request a sabbatical, giving you the chance to make truly unforgettable memories
- Rewards for those that embrace and embody our values and culture through our Kudos Reward Scheme
- Regular social events and annual companywide away days, giving you the opportunity to engage with colleagues across your division, office and the wider firm
- Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients, so when we benefit, you do too
- Life doesn’t stop at the end of the working day, and neither do our benefits. We also offer life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers through Smith Cooper Rewards Scheme, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) through Healthshield
To apply, please visit our online jobs portal by clicking the ‘apply for job’ button below and attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit hr.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: