closing date: 30th July 2021
Contract: Full time (37.5 hours a week)
Salary: £18,000-£22,000 dependent on qualifications and experience
Are you a natural writer looking to join a highly regarded marketing team, where you have the flexibility and autonomy to shape our content and enhance our communication strategy? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
We have an excellent opportunity to join our inhouse marketing team as a Content Writer. You’ll help to shape our content strategy, be responsible for the creation of press releases, articles, digital content, videos, publications and much more, and have the opportunity to develop your wider marketing skills by working side-by-side with the rest of our marketing team.
The role of Content Writer is varied and exciting. You will be working on different resources depending on the needs of our clients and our wider team, supporting both Smith Cooper and our group companies. You will have the creative freedom to shape the content and suggest new ideas.
- Researching industry-related topics and suggesting ideas for content
- Writing clear marketing copy to promote our services
- Proofreading and editing documents
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Identify client needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Support the wider marketing team
- Visit our other offices (namely Derby and Birmingham)
- Translating technical information into commercial writing that is easily understandable
The ideal candidate will have
- A 2:1 or above in English, Journalism or related degree and/or content writing experience
- An exceptional writer of both marketing and editorial copy
- Acute attention to detail
- A team player, keen to collaborate with the marketing and wider teams at Smith Cooper
- A high level of initiative and the confidence to ask for support when required
- Excellent communication skills
Why Smith Cooper?
- We are a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 45, accountancy and business advisory firm
- We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same
- The firm’s Partners remain actively invested in the development of team members, and will take a direct interest in your professional development whilst supporting your progression
Our benefits package has been designed around our people and shaped by our values. As part of Team Smith Cooper, here are some of the things you can expect:
- A working environment that empowers you to perform at your best, through our flexible working policy and dress for your diary scheme
- Time to do what matters to you – 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, the option to purchase additional annual leave and your birthday off, on us. Long serving employees can also request a sabbatical, giving you the chance to make truly unforgettable memories
- Rewards for those that embrace and embody our values and culture through our Kudos Reward Scheme
- Regular social events and annual companywide away days, giving you the opportunity to engage with colleagues across your division, office and the wider firm
- Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients, so when we benefit, you do too
- Life doesn’t stop at the end of the working day, and neither do our benefits. We also offer life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers through Smith Cooper Rewards Scheme, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) through Healthshield
To apply, please visit our online jobs portal by clicking the ‘apply for job’ button below and attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter. Applications made without both of these will be declined automatically. No agencies please.
To apply for this job please visit hr.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: