closing date: 31st May 2019
Location: Whilst being based in Nottingham, the ideal candidate will also need to visit client premises so will need access to a car.
Salary: is negotiable and will depend on the candidates experience and where they are with studies.
About Smith Cooper:
We are a top-50, multi-award-winning accountancy and business advisory firm with over 200 employees based in our 6 offices across the Midlands.
We bring together expertise, experience and market knowledge to ensure we exceed expectations and deliver tailored, cost-effective and innovative solutions. Whilst based in the Midlands, our reach extends much further than that, with many of our clients spanning the entire UK and internationally.
The ideal candidate will be based in our Nottingham office which employees c45 members of staff, 20 of which are in our audit department.
The Nottingham office is based in the heart of the Lace Market and is a modern office facility with a young and dynamic team.
We work with ambitious owner-managed businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same so we’re looking for someone who can adapt. Our audit base covers many sectors including charities and academy trusts.
At Smith Cooper, our staff are our most important asset and we can prove it! Our Managing Partner started at Smith Cooper as a graduate just 13 years ago, and all of our service lines encourage training, development and progression in a friendly and supportive working environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
• The audit senior would report directly to our team of 4 Audit Managers and will work exclusively on audit work
• They would be involved in all aspects of the assignment from planning to preparing a high-quality audit file for manager review
• Typically audits last from 1-2 weeks per audit and usually are teams of 2 but sometimes more
• The audit senior would prepare the accounts
• A fully study package would be available for anybody who has not passed in full yet
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least 2 years of experience and some experience of leading audits – even if they are smaller ones
• Caseware knowledge would be an advantage
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to work in a team
• A personable approach
• 25 days annual leave FTE + statutory Bank Holidays
• Smith Cooper Reward Scheme which offers huge discounts on a wide variety of websites, shops and services
• Cashback on Healthcare including dental visits, physiotherapy etc
• Regular staff and social events and annual company wide away days
To apply for this job please visit smithcooper.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: