closing date: 30th April 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Apprentice to join the Ashbourne Accounts team at Smith Cooper.
The role will involve a comprehensive training programme where you will be able to learn various topics including bookkeeping, preparation of VAT returns, and preparation of statutory accounts for sole traders, partnerships, and companies.
- Assisting the accounts team with preparation of statutory accounts for sole traders, partnerships, and companies
- Assisting in the completion of bookkeeping, with a view to producing regular management accounts for clients
- Assisting with the preparation of VAT returns and payrolls to ensure that timetables are met
- Assisting other members of the accounts team with administration tasks as required
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
The ideal candidate
- Will have a basic level of IT competency using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Will have an interest in accounting and a good grasp of numbers
- Be methodical and approach tasks with attention to detail
- Be positive, friendly, and flexible in your approach
- Work well in a team environment
- Must be eligible for the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- Maths A-Level is preferred but not essential
Why Smith Cooper?
- We are a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 45, accountancy and business advisory firm
- We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same
- The firm’s Partners remain actively invested in the development of staff, and will take a direct interest in your professional development whilst supporting your progression
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Smith Cooper Reward Scheme which offers huge discounts on a wide variety of websites, shops and services
- Health cash plan (cash back on healthcare including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) including an employee assistance helpline available 24/7
- Recruitment referral scheme when you introduce and we recruit a friend or family member
- Client referral scheme
- Dress for diary policy
- Social events and annual companywide away days
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV and a cover letter to our job portal. Any applications made without both supporting documents will be rejected.
To apply for this job please visit hr.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: