closing date: 31st August 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Apprentice to join the Ashbourne Accounts team at Smith Cooper.
The role will involve a comprehensive training programme where you will be able to learn various topics including bookkeeping, preparation of VAT returns, and preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships, and companies.
- Assisting the accounts team with preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships, and companies
- Assisting in the completion of bookkeeping, with a view to producing regular management accounts for clients
- Assisting with the preparation of VAT returns and payrolls to ensure that timetables are met
- Assisting other members of the accounts team with administration tasks as required
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
The ideal candidate
- Will have a basic level of IT competency using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Will have an interest in accounting and a good grasp of numbers
- Be methodical and approach tasks with attention to detail
- Be positive, friendly, and flexible in your approach
- Work well in a team environment
- Must be eligible for the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- Maths A-Level is preferred but not essential
Why Smith Cooper?
- We are a multi-award winning, Accountancy Age Top 45, accountancy and business advisory firm
- We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors – no two jobs are the same
- The firm’s Partners remain actively invested in the development of staff, and will take a direct interest in your professional development whilst supporting your progression
Our benefits package has been designed around our people and shaped by our values. As part of Team Smith Cooper, here are some of the things you can expect:
- A working environment that empowers you to perform at your best, through our flexible working policy and dress for your diary scheme
- Time to do what matters to you – 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, the option to purchase additional annual leave and your birthday off, on us. Long serving employees can also request a sabbatical, giving you the chance to make truly unforgettable memories
- Rewards for those that embrace and embody our values and culture through our Kudos Reward Scheme
- Regular social events and annual companywide away days, giving you the opportunity to engage with colleagues across your division, office and the wider firm
- Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients, so when we benefit, you do too
- Life doesn’t stop at the end of the working day, and neither do our benefits. We also offer life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers through Smith Cooper Rewards Scheme, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) through Healthshield
To apply, please upload a copy of your CV and a cover letter to our job portal. Any applications made without both supporting documents will be rejected.
To apply for this job please visit hr.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: