closing date: 21st June 2019
About Smith Cooper:
We are a top-50, multi-award-winning accountancy and business advisory firm with over 200 employees based in our 6 offices across the Midlands.
We bring together expertise, experience and market knowledge to ensure we exceed expectations and deliver tailored, cost-effective and innovative solutions. Whilst based in the Midlands, our reach extends much further than that, with many of our clients spanning the entire UK and internationally.
At Smith Cooper, our people are our most important asset. We like to encourage training, development and progression in a friendly and supportive working environment.
Overview of the Role:
We have a vacancy for an Accounts Admin Assistant to join our small Account Admin team; assisting with the day to day Accounts function of the firm & subsidiary companies.
The ideal candidate will be based in our Derby office.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Performing weekly bank reconciliations.
· Entering cash book transactions into the accounting system; SAGE 200.
· Entering purchase ledger transactions.
· Assisting with credit control, sending out statements to clients.
· Involvement with month/quarter end management accounts.
· Provide support with the time & fees system, dealing with employee enquires.
Qualifications and Skills
· The ideal candidate will be studying towards AAT qualification.
· Experience with bank reconciliations, Excel & Sage software would be beneficial.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Good verbal & written communication skills as will be liaising with employees, suppliers & clients.
· Great time management & organisation skills are key.
· 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
· Option to buy an additional 5 days of annual leave.
· Discounts and cash back at numerous shops, holidays and services using our Smith Cooper Rewards service.
· Cash back on healthcare including eye tests, dentist visits, physiotherapy etc.
· Discounted (and sometimes free!) tickets for sports and entertainment venues we sponsor.
· Regular employee social events and annual firm wide away days.
Salary: £NMW depending on age of candidate.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer on-site parking but there are many off-site options close to the office.
This is a full-time permanent position, 5 days a week, with working hours of 08:45 – 17:15.
To apply for this job please visit smithcooper.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: