closing date: 31st December 2020
We’re looking for a Graduate to join our award-winning specialist team, managing the acquisition and sale of businesses, and all the ancillary services that encompasses.
If you are a good communicator, have a questioning and analytical mind, strong determination and stamina and are enthusiastic to learn, then we’d love to hear from you.
Smith Cooper’s ethos is to provide quality, pro-active advice to our clients and to be a fundamental part of their business’ success. If you have a similar outlook, then we’ll be a great fit and you’ll be sure of an enjoyable and fulfilling career with us.
Why Smith Cooper?
Alongside being an Accountancy Age Top 40 firm, our Corporate Finance division is a serial award winner, taking Insider’s SME Advisory Team of the Year award (in both the East Midlands and the Midlands overall) in 2018 and in the East Midlands in 2016 and 2019, and no less than five separate SME Deal of the Year awards between 2015 and 2019. We are also shortlisted for 3 more awards in 2020!
The team is one of the largest in the Midlands and encompasses a range of skills and ages, making this a terrific training opportunity for the right candidate.
Whether our client is looking to buy, sell, or grow a business – our Corporate Finance team provide expert support in these areas and more.
Working within our specialist team, you will have direct access to clients and obtain first-hand experience across a wide range of transactions across a breadth of sectors including food and drink, manufacturing and services.
Your role will include:
• Analysing financial performance and valuation of companies
• Researching sectors to identify buyers or acquisition targets and communicating with them
• Detailed investigation into client businesses to fully understand drivers, risks and opportunities
• Writing Information Memoranda to solicit offers, and advising on business plans to raise funds
• Assisting in the project management of transaction processes, including liaison with other financial advisers, solicitors, funders and the clients
What are we looking for?
From the outset, our graduates will be an instrumental part of the team and will have exposure to Partners within Smith Cooper, other advisers and funders assisting in the transactions, and clients. As such, we are looking for individuals who have exceptional communication skills, strong capability in writing clearly and succinctly, a logical and enquiring mind, enthusiasm and a resilient, positive attitude.
• Salary package, including a bonus scheme directly linked to local team performance
• Access to professional training courses, qualifications and any necessary study leave,
• 25 days annual leave and statutory bank holidays
• Option to purchase additional annual leave
• Life assurance
• Smith Cooper Reward Scheme which offers huge discounts on a wide variety of websites, shops and services
• Cashback on Healthcare including dental visits, physiotherapy etc
• Social events and annual companywide away days.
How to apply
Please upload a completed application form by clicking the ‘Apply for job’ button below.
You can download the application form here, or by following the button below.
To apply for this job please visit hr.breathehr.com.
- Share this job: