Smith Cooper specialises in the sale of companies on behalf of corporate clients, entrepreneurs, and owner-managers typically up to £50 million in value.
Our expert team focus on thoroughly understanding client objectives and the business, enabling the creation of innovative, bespoke solutions that specifically address clients’ needs.
To optimise value, it is important to take advice well ahead of any sale process in order to adequately prepare the sale of the business.
Our philosophy is to provide a partner-led service throughout the process, recognising that for many clients selling a business can be a daunting experience. Our advice is delivered with empathy, positivity, tenacity and commercial realism to achieve your objectives and maximise value.
Our highly accredited Corporate Finance team will work with you closely, listening to your personal objectives and where appropriate, those of key management. This enables the formulation of a bespoke strategy which satisfies your aspirations and timescales, and maximises and highlights the strengths, opportunities and value-drivers of your business.
We will not accept an assignment if we believe we cannot deliver a successful outcome. This philosophy and our confidence in delivering solutions that delight our clients is supported by our fee arrangements which are typically success-based.
Smith Cooper provides a full project management service covering all aspects of sale including:
- Initial assessment of value and options
- Advice on preparing for sale to achieve maximum value
- Identifying and intelligently researching a tailored list of potential purchasers with strategic interest and adequate funding
- Preparing marketing material that highlights the value drivers of the business
- Negotiation and ongoing dialogue with buyers to elicit optimised offers
- Handling complex negotiations
- Managing the buyer’s due diligence process
- Working closely with clients’ solicitors to provide commercial input to the legal agreements
- Organising and managing all parties within the deal process to a successful conclusion
We have a strong UK and international contact network that aids identification and communication with potential purchasers.
Our large client base and the high volume of deals we complete each year provides us with very broad experience across many industries; this in-depth knowledge helps us assess buyer appetite and the value your business.
We have in-house taxation experts who ensure that any transaction is structured efficiently, and any tax risk is minimised.
It is never too early to start considering your exit for a business, so please contact any of us for a confidential, no-obligation initial consultation.