Smith Cooper specialises in deals involving private equity, a sector which is experiencing steady growth and increasing investor confidence.
Whether you are a business owner looking to sell or release capital from your business, or a management team looking for finance to facilitate a management buyout, we can help you structure an optimal deal with private equity.
Our experienced corporate finance team has completed a large number of private equity transactions over the years, and we are on hand to expertly guide you through the options available to you.
Private equity investment can be appropriate for:
- Complete sale and exit for current shareholders
- Partial sale; funding the exit of some shareholders, whilst investing alongside those shareholders who wish to retain an equity stake in the business
- Equity release; which realises cash for all shareholders whilst retaining a meaningful equity stake in the business going forward
- Acquisitions / buy and build strategies
- Growth / Development Capital to accelerate the growth of a business
Private equity investment is reasonably flexible and can take both minority or majority stakes in businesses. They typically look at four to seven-year investment periods with returns focused on capital growth rather than interest. If you have limited security or bank finance is not forthcoming, private can be a good alternative option.
There are a large number of private equity investors in the UK, but our experienced partner-led team can help you navigate this market, using our extensive network to find the right private equity partner for your funding needs.
If you are looking to raise private equity funding for your business please contact any of us for a confidential, no-obligation initial consultation.